Thursday 10 April 2014

A Quick Post About Salad Dressing

When I was 13 I went on a French exchange to rural southern France where I fell in love with a mysterious salad dressing. The family I stayed with had it on almost every meal, if not the main dish than as a side. A quasi-Nicoise would be assembled from the previous day’s meat, cold rice, tomatoes and occasionally tuna. It was a haven for food poisoning, but it was amazing!


Today I found this in a French bakery, Le Delice in Malvern, for £1.15. After years of searching I had finally found it. I could’ve jumped for joy in the shop. It’s just as majestic as I remembered it; a cross between a creamy mayo and a tangy vinaigrette. Needless to say I will be inflicting this upon all who get within 3 feet of my front door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment